Monday, November 17, 2008

22nd Birthday

Twenty-two years ago at around quarter to seven in the evening ‘twas also a Sunday, I was born.

Ever since I had a mobile phone, I usually get text messages from friends or kin greeting me on my birthday. One of which is my dad. I could still remember that he would greet me personally and then he would text me. Now it is different.

Last night when I was holding my dad’s cellphone, I felt sad for I remember those moments when he would greet me on my birthday. We did not have a strong bond nevertheless; I cherish and miss those moments.

I could still remember last Holy Thursday when I entered the Church. I got into tears for the Mass on Holy Thursday evening was the only time the two of us would go to Mass.

Once I was with my relatives riding their van and I got into tears again. I remembered those days when my dad usually was the one driving.

When someone is lost, you would not remember that person in complex situations like retelling how they passed away but you would certainly remember him in the most simplest of all things. For these simplest things were shared by you. Perhaps my ma and Tella feel the same way as I do.

Not in the complex but in the simplest.

Written on the 27th Sunday after Pentecost, 2nd class feast;
     feast of St. Gertrude, virgin, 3rd class feast, A. D. MMVIII

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooh sir. nateary eyed aq dun ah. hha:D jonald hir.Ü